- New app separation model. Stock apps all in /system/app, Virtuous-added apps in /data/app. Only exceptions are Superuser, ROM Manager and Virtuous Buddy.
- Enhanced Virtuous Buddy, which allows for toggling stock apps on and off rather than deleting them. You can safely re-enable any app at any time.
- Substantially improved method for placing apps in /data/app. Most ROMs simply copy files into /data/app, where Virtuous now uses Android's package manager (pm) to manage such apps.
- Latest versions of all Google apps, Adobe Flash, etc.
- Option to use a modified version of Flash with Hulu app. Credit to adrynalyne for modifying the latest version of Flash and ihtfp69 for the Hulu app.
- And more subtle, behind-the-scenes enhancements to provide a stable yet flexible stock ROM.
Before anyone asks (again), no wipe is required to upgrade from 2.7 to 3.0.1. I spend a lot of time making sure Virtuous' installation scripts properly handle upgrades, which are then diligently verified by our beta test group. Granted, if you do encounter problems after an upgrade, a wipe will almost certainly clear that up. So keep that option in your back pocket.
Thanks to all of you for supporting what has become an immensely successful project. Your collective donations and positive feedback have been phenomenal and continue to be a source of motivation to produce better and better releases.