Here are some of the cool features:
- Virtuous Buddy's database of functions is updated dynamically. On startup, the script database is pulled from my web servers (do not worry, it is tiny; only 14k). This allows for new functions to appear without your having to do anything!
- Support for categories. The original screenshot showed a long list of scripts, which was obviously going to become a nightmare over time. As I was showing folks the app, the number one suggestion was adding categories (sub-menus); so I did.
- Added confirmation prompts. So if while browsing you happen to click on a function/utility, a pop up box will appear to confirm you want to proceed.
- Numerous functions already available to help manage the ROM with more to be added on request and as ideas come to mind. All the removal tools are in place with options to easily re-add coming soon as well. This will include functions such as enabling boot audio, toggling various system properties (i.e. Stagefright audio on/off, default install location to internal/sdcard), etc.
- Automatic update notification and installation. Virtuous Buddy is obviously not a Market app (thought it could be at some point). To make sure everyone stays up to date, I built in functionality to prompt you when an update is available and automatically install if you choose to do so.
If you are still not convinced you should grab it, here are some screenshots:
I am looking forward to hearing some feedback on the tool, namely suggestions on the type of scripts/functions you would like to see made available. Even if some of the requests require changes to the app itself, I am open to it and have set us up well to deal with those via the automatic update feature.
Download links have been pulled for Virtuous Buddy in anticipation of the ROM version 3.0.0, which includes a newer version. The version of Buddy supporting 2.x will continue to function but is deprecated. In other words, you should really just upgrade to Virtuous 3.0.0.