Virtuous Affinity is based on an official shipping release for Runnymede from HTC (1.05.401.4).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior releases.
Affinity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:
Flemmard, Diamondback, chrisch1974, rmk, mdj, seo, eViL D:, cypis and cjward.
- HTC Desire HD (Ace)
- HTC Inspire 4G (Ace)
- HTC Desire Z (Vision)
- HTC Desire S (Saga)
- HTC Incredible S (Vivo)
- HTC Incredible 2 (Vivow)
- T-Mobile G2 (Vision)
- T-Mobile myTouch 4G (Glacier)
- Based on the official Runnymede shipping ROM (1.05.401.4).
- Include special tweaks app developed by our team member chrisch1974 to provide you more flexibility in ROM.
- Ported for full functionality on all of supported devices
- Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules. DHD kernel courtesy of m-deejay.
- Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 768Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built virtuous_oc C daemon.
- Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and myTouch 4G only).
- Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
- Virtuous. overclocking daemon will automatically be disabled if an overclocking tools (such as SetCPU or CPU Tuner) is installed. Installing these tools is not advised, as the virtuous_oc daemon responds far more rapidly to screen state changes than any Android (Java) application.
- Clockwork Recovery v3.x.x is required.
- All filesystems are mounted using ext4 with writeback journaling. Be sure to shut down your phone properly as opposed to pulling the battery when possible.
Developers and PortsThere has been an enormous amount of interest surrounding utilizing components or modifications from our ROMs. To this point, our policy was that any such work needed to explicitly be approved by the team. The fact of the matter is that the policy is simply not enforceable and any time consumed working to enforce it detracts from the time we have to work on Android (which is what we really enjoy). As such, we’ve decided to go in a different direction. Going forward, ROM developers are welcome to utilize any portions of our ROM which are of interest. Our only requirement is that you let us know about what you’re doing by sending an email to (devteam|at|virtuousrom.com), credit the Virtuous Team in your thread(s) and provide a link to our website. No response on our part is required whatsoever, we’re just interested to hear about how our work is helping you. Our plan is to continue to innovate and push the envelop of ROM development; with the goal of staying enough ahead of the curve to merit a desire to clone our work..
Links and Support Threads
- Desire HD XDA Thread
- DesireZ/G2 XDA Thread
- Desire S XDA Thread
- Incredible S XDA Thread
- Inspire 4G XDA Thread
- myTouch 4G XDA Thread
- Incredible 2 XDA Thread
DownloadFor Desire HD, Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, T-Mobile MT4G, and Droid Incredible 2. We package Affinity as a single zip, which includes support for all devices.
Virtuous Affinity 2.05.0
[Alternate Mirror 1] [Alternate Mirror 2] [Alternate Mirror 3]